“My Coptic Hero” Video Contest
This year, God willing, we will be having a contest for Global Coptic Day called, My Coptic Hero. It’s a contest to find the best 12 videos that tell and show us who is your Coptic hero and why. We encourage Copts from all around the world, as well as all age groups, to participate.
Contest Requirements and Details:
1. VIDEO LENGTH: Please make a one or two-minute video (maximum) telling us exactly who is your Coptic hero and what is the reason you selected that hero. The hero may be one person or a group of people.
2. CATEGORIES: There are four categories (CHOOSE ONLY ONE):
A) Male Saints and Clergy (like popes, bishops, priests or deacons)
B) Female Saints,
C) Martyrs and Confessors (male or female)and
D) Laypeople (male or female)
ONE VIDEO PER PERSON OR GROUP and choose only ONE CATEGORY. Do not send more than one video. Thank you.
3. PRIZES: We will select the best three videos from each category. The winning prizes will be donated from Global Coptic Day to whatever Coptic Orthodox Church the winner chooses:
1st Place: $1,000 (to any Coptic Church the winner chooses)
2nd Place: $750 (to any Coptic Church the winner chooses)
3rd Place: $500 (to any Coptic Church the winner chooses)
There will be 12 winning videos total
4. WHO MAY ENTER: Copts from ANY country and ANY age group. You may enter as an individual or a group. If a group is submitting a video, only one prize may be awarded.
5. HOW TO ENTER: Post your video on Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #globalcopticday AND send us your video by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: We prefer videos to be in English or Arabic; however, we will accept videos in any language. Please provide an English translation of the video (if possible) if it’s in another language
7. DEADLINE: All videos must be submitted by the Apostles’ Feast on July 12, 20202 at 11:59 p.m. EASTERN TIME
8. WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Winners will be announced on the Feast of St. Mary on August 22, 2020
9. JUDGING: A committee will evaluate the videos and every submission has an equal chance of winning. Judges’ decisions are final. In order to have the best chance of winning, you should be creative and use props, icons, graphics, or anything else that would help you.
10. QUALITY OF VIDEO: You may shoot your video on your phone or camcorder. Please send us the highest quality video possible.
If you have any further questions, please email Nader Anise at: email@example.com